Friday, April 25, 2008

Learning

I am amazed everyday at how quickly kids learn things. My youngest is just turning 6 months and she loves to babble. She makes eye contact with me, smiles and just starts talking. I know she is trying to share her world with me.

My eldest is 2 years old and his vocabulary and sentences have just exploded. He went from barely saying one word at a time to 3 word sentences. I love talking with him and learning about what he sees in our world. Every morning I ask him, "Did you dream?" I don't think he knows what a 'dream' is but he answers me everyday. He dreams about butterflies a lot. This morning, before I could ask him he told me, "I dreamed butterflies!" It made my heart melt. He was so excited and proud of himself. I cherish these days.

Can you imagine if we continued to learn new things at such an accelerated rate? Oh, the things we could do!

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Thank you for this post. It warmed my heart <3

Antoinette said...

Thanks Jasmine!