Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A blast from the past

Promoting Kountr has had some interesting side effects. The first was seeing who has added or wants to add me as a friend on Facebook. I resisted joining but did to help promote Kountr. People I haven't talked to since high school and even strangers have asked to be my 'friend.' The great thing is that I have reconnected with some of my extended family whom I haven't seen or talked to in years. It is nice to hear from then and know that they are happy and healthy.

The latest surprise is a feedback email I got today. An old friend discovered Kountr through Anyram's blog and, though sceptical at first, is hooked on Kountr. She ends the email saying that she hopes we are doing well. Her email brought a smile to my face. I, too, have been thinking about her and how she is doing. We had some great times together and I would like to think that we are older and wiser today. Old friendships can never be the same but they can get better. We'll see where this all goes... So, old friend, if you are reading this, get in touch again. I would love to hear from you.

Michael and Kountr are teaching me that just when you think you know where life is leading you, it gives you other options.

No comments: