Sunday, August 10, 2008

Business Plan Started

Writing our business plan is such a daunting task. Last night I did the preliminary research on what should be included in a business plan. Then, Michael and I sat down and started to flesh out the major sections of our business plan. I was very overwhelmed by the whole thing. The idea of writing a 20 page document on Kountr in 3 weeks on top of all of the other tasks, both personal and Kountr related, is daunting. After sleeping on it, I realized that writing a business plan is much like a science research paper. For example, the Executive Summary is the Abstract. With that in mind, it feels much more attainable.

I started researching the details for the business plan tonight. Four hours of rummaging through Facebook is enough for one evening. I found that we do not have to complete a formal business plan for the fbFund. Each section is required for the application but in a questionnaire format rather than in one text document.

This is going to be a crazy, tiring week. Oh so exciting. It's a good thing that I am a night owl. The good old days of staying up all night to study and sleeping in the next day! I miss the sleeping in part. LOL Although sleeping in is nothing compared to playing with the kids. Good night all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can appreciate the struggle to develop a business plan. I developed QuickPlanner Plus to ease the pain of the process. The idea is that with QPP you can develop your vision, your goals, your strategies and your programs for achieving success, before you start filling out the daunting information required from a full fledged business plan. Remember, a business plan is not a plan for success, it is a document to show others that you thought things through. A Strategic Plan, like the one developed by QPP IS a plan for SUCCESS.

Maria Marsala said...

Yes, it's daugnting and its oh. so worth it!

here are some resources including free samples and templates.

http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com/businessplans.html

hellokittycat007 said...

Good luck!

Antoinette said...

Matsonian we appreciate your wisdom and for introducing QPP.

Maria Marsala thanks for providing me with resources. I went to the link that you included but the site says that the page has moved.

Thank you for the words of encouragement hellokittycat007!