Monday, November 3, 2008

Slow down

My 2 1/2 year old is an amazing boy who reminded me to slow down today. At the grocery store he noticed a couple of potted plants. He gently touched the petals of the flower then leaned forward to smell the flowers. That's right, he stopped to smell the flowers then looked at me with a small smile.

Later in the evening, we started our first fire in the fireplace. We all sat down in front of the fire to enjoy its warmth. I was my usual chatty self until he said, "Mommy be quiet... please." I looked at him and asked, "Why?" His response was a shushing sound. At first I could not figure out why he wanted me to be quiet. Then, when all was quiet I heard it too. The sound of the fire and a soft whooshing sound. It was an amazing realization. I told him that I heard the fire too and he gave me another one of his incredible smiles.

Thank you!

No comments: